The Organic Report is the Organic Trade Association’s (OTA’s) news magazine featuring full-length articles on topics ranging from organic business innovation to regulatory affairs. Now available both as a digital and print magazine, this publication is the source for deep-dive information on organic agriculture and trade. Recognizing the reach and relevance of the Organic Report, industry leaders place great value on being included in its editions.
HELP YOUR BUSINESS STAND OUT
by advertising in this Print and Digital Magazine
CIRCULATION: APPROXIMATELY 21,000 PER PRINT EDITION
The Organic Report reaches all aspects of the domestic organic supply chain, as well as leaders on Capitol Hill, and in the global organic trade.
- The magazine is mailed to all U.S. certified organic operations—approximately 20,000 individuals per edition! These businesses are in every state, and range from familyscale operations to Fortune 500 companies.
- The Organic Report is shared with all OTA members who represent over 8,500 organic businesses (including growers, shippers, processors, certifiers, farmers’ associations, distributors, importers, exporters, consultants, retailers and others).
- It is delivered to and displayed in more than 100 offices on Capitol Hill, representing the top 50 organic districts (and top 10 organic producing states) in the country; members of the House and Senate Agriculture Committees; and members of the House Organic Caucus. By hand delivering the Organic Report, OTA ensures that it reaches the relevant staffer and member.
- The mobile-friendly digital magazine is available to the public at TheOrganicReport.com, and is shared widely on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to consumers and businesses looking for the latest insights on organic.
PUBLICATION SCHEDULE AND DEADLINES
There will be three editions of the Organic Report published in 2017: Winter, Spring and Fall. Classified/display ad deadlines to reserve space and submit final ad are listed below:
|Winter 2017 Edition||Spring 2017 Edition||Fall 2017 Edition||Winter 2018 Edition|
|December 1||March 15||June 30||November 15|
|out in late January||out in mid-May||out in early September||out in late January|
RECENT ISSUES HAVE INCLUDED TIMELY TOPICS SUCH AS:
- Tightening supply and conversion of acres to organic
- The industry conversation around an organic check off program
- Strengthening livestock requirements
- Organic spreading its roots in D.C.
- Organic shopper insights
- The latest organic research on soil health
Get your message out in the places where news is being made!
The Organic Report is distributed wherever the organic community gathers to learn, network and do business, and is also available digitally. Examples include:
- OTA’s Policy Conference and Hill Visit Days
- Confluences Summit
- Natural Products Expo East and West
- Organic Week in Canada
- National Organic Standards Board meetings
- USDA’s Ag Outlook Forum
2017 AD SPECIFICATIONS AND SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
OTA Member Rate
|Full Page Print + Online Banner Ad
DISPLAY: Non-Bleed: 7.5” x 10” Bleed: 8.75” x 11.5”
(trim size 8.5” x 11” — live area 8.25” x 10.75”)
DIGITAL: 700 x 126 pixels, 72 dpi
|½ Page + 500x500 pixel Online Sidebar Ad
DISPLAY (non-bleed only) Vertical: 3.5” x 10”
Horizontal: 7.5” x 4.75”
DIGITAL: 500 x 500 pixels, 72 dp
|¼ Page + 125x125 pixel Online Sidebar Ad
DISPLAY (non-bleed only) Vertical only: 3.5” x 4.75”
DIGITAL: 125 x 125 pixels, 72 dpi
(up to 20 words,
OTA’s Annual Fund investors receive discounts on display advertising as follows:
|Annual Fund Contribution Level||Discount on display advertising|
|Leadership Circle||One complimentary ¼ page ad per year
Discount of 20% on additional advertisements.
For multiple placements of display ads: 2x = 15%, 3x =25%.
Preferred File Formats:
Press-quality Pdf. for all other file formats, please call Lynne rudié at (413) 863-9406 before sending.
Sending your file:
Files should be in compressed (zip) format. e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. for files larger than 9mB, please call Lynne rudié at (413) 863-9406 for ftp or dropbox instructions.
For all ad submissions:
We require a good quality, hard copy print so that we may check your files during production and for color matching on press. if you do not send a printout, we cannot guarantee the quality of printed ad.
Posting your ad:
OTA will post your advertisement in the desired issue(s) after receiving the following items by the stated deadline: your signed advertisement agreement form, your payment (pre-payment required) and your artwork in required sizes and formats. Because the magazine is published in both print and digital format, your ads can be linked to your website.
For more information, contact:
Hannah Micheaux, Membership Engagement Coordinator
Direct: (202) 403-8640